So you want to get the perfect Christmas gift for that special rock climber? You have to be careful with rock climbing gear because some of it is intensely personal and shouldn’t be bought by anyone but the climber. Here are 7 surefire hits under the tree
- Petzl Reverso 3 Belay Device – I won’t retire a perfectly good belay device to upgrade to the latest greatest toy even though I really want it. This is a pure luxury gift and he will absolutely love it.
- Climb On Handbar – This stuff heals all the nicks and cuts that are inevitable with climbing. It’s perfect stocking stuffer.
- Metolius PAS Daisy Chain – This is by far the safest daisy chain out there. If he has any other type, be a pal and replace it with this one.
- Arc’Teryx R320 Harness or Black Diamond Momentum Harness – If you really want to make a climber happy then this Arc’Teryx harness will be sure to put on a smile on his face and a bulge in his pants. Then again the BD Momentum harness is a great gift for those without buckets of money to blow.
- Metolius Stomp Crash Pad – Crash pads wear out but it’s really hard to justify replacing them. If I found a new crash pad under the tree I’d be stoked.
- Petzl e+LITE Headlamp – Dude, it sucks to get lost in the woods in the dark. After one such “adventure” I bought the e+LITE, threw it in my bag and vowed it would never happen again. This is the perfect rock climbing gift for the “worrying” type of mother!
- Dyna-Flex Hand Strengthener – It’s just flat out cool. Check it out.
I’m a climber and I know I would love any of these Christmas gifts. If you have any other great ideas for rock climbing gifts feel free to drop a comment ’cause I’d love to hear them.
Also, check out my ice climbing Christmas gift list.