I received an email about the 16th Annual International Climber’s Festival in Lander, WY. Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it but it looks like a cool event to meet some other climbers. Also, it is under three hours to the Tetons from Lander so you might as well hit some big mountains while you’re out there.
The International Climbers’ Festival is back for a 16th straight year! The 2009 Festival will be held this July 8th – 12th in Lander, Wyoming.
The festival is a non-profit and is connected to three local Lander climbing initiatives: the Jim Ratz Memorial Scholarship, the Todd Skinner Foundation and BARF (the local Bolt and Anchor Replacement Fund).
2009 highlights include:
SLIDESHOWS & FILMS:
• Superstar climber, Joe Kinder, will be giving the featured Friday night slideshow dubbed “One Year Past” and running a “redpointing tactics” clinic up at Wild Iris.
• The Telluride Mountainfilm film festival returns showing more of their amazing inspirational outdoor short films on Saturday night.
• Dave Anderson, just back from his “Mugs Stump Award” supported trip to Pirate Valley, Argentina, will give a slideshow on Wednesday night.
• Free climbing clinics by Arno Ilgner, Ally Rainey, Wendy Davis, Kris “Odub” Hampton, Joe Kinder and the Jackson Hole Mountain Guides.
• Climbing trainers, Steve Bechtel and Eric Horst, will be offering a new seven-hour climbing seminar dubbed “Climb Strong!” on Saturday aimed at covering all the bases for improving rock climbing performance.
• Rocking music from reggae artist Dan Sherrill and climber/rappers ODub & Misty Murphy.
COMPS & RACES:
• Slackline comp, dyno comp pull-up comp and the infamous crate-stacking comp
• 5K, 10K & 20K trail races at the Wild Iris climbing area.
• Saturday morning pancake breakfast, Saturday night pizza & beer and Sunday morning breakfast burritos!
• Awesome gear giveaways from our wonderful festival partners.
International Climbers’ Festival tickets are $40 if you buy online before June 1st. After June 1st they will rise to $45. All tickets include a festival t-shirt and entry to all events (except the Climb Strong seminar).
To purchase a ticket and find out more specifics about festival events, history, area lodging and our amazing festival partners please visit http://www.climbersfestival.org.